Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Monday, June 20, 2016

Foreign Minister Kotzias’ statements to journalists within the framework of the EU Foreign ...

N. KOTZIAS: I started my intervention today, in the Foreign Affairs Council, with an observation: Council meetings aren’t held on the Monday of the Holy Spirit or Easter Monday. Because I asked whether the same is the case for the Catholic and Protestant dates and feast days, and of course the answer was no. And I said there needs to be equal treatment of nation states as well as convictions, and I told them that, as is well known, I am an atheist, but one who respects and honors Greek Orthodoxy.Subsequently, I explained that in 1997, when we vetoed Turkey...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.mfa.gr