Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

I’ve had my tongue surgically split and my eyes tattooed black – I love the pain of getting inked

A BODY modification fanatic with entirely black eyeballs and a split tongue has revealed she’s “addicted” to the pain. Anu Karki, 25, a tattoo artist from Nepal, South Asia, is known online as “emo punk” due to her controversial body modifications including inked eyeballs. Jam Press/@emopunk8Anu Karki with inked eyeballs and a split tongue[/caption] Jam Press/@emopunk8Anu before all of the body modifications[/caption] Growing up, she recalls being “obsessed” with body modifications and piercings – having first been pierced at 15. Since then, she’s had her tongue split, various stretchers (tunnels) and her favourite modification – getting her eyeballs inked completely black. “I fall in love with my eyes every time I see them and I’m the first girl in Nepal to have this – I feel so proud,” Anu told NeedToKnow.Online. “The most painful body modification for me was my split tongue, as I felt sick for at least a week. READ MORE ON THE SUN SELFISH My house is plagued by influencers taking SELFIES - it's costing me thousands NAILED IT You’ve been painting your nails wrong – a hair clip stops polish getting messy “I have no idea how much I’ve spent on tattoos because I have my own studio, so I don’t pay for these now. “I gave myself my first tattoo about five years ago and a modification about five months ago.” Anu claims she’s spent 365,000 Nepalese Rupee (£2,386) on her various transformations and hopes to have her entire body tattooed and modified. She said: “My next body modification will be a tongue tattoo, but this will take some time. MOST READ IN NEWS GLOBAL THREAT Putin vows to 'arm its allies' as Russia strengthens ties with North Korea BEACH BODY BOJO PM stretches out on sun-kissed Greek isle a week after Slovenia spa break SEAFRONT BRAWL Moment topless men throw punches at each other in front of shocked families 'NIGHTMARE' Man dies in hospital after 'lethal dose of ANOTHER patient's medication' WEDDING TRAGEDY Brit boy, 14, drowns in pool while celebrating family wedding at Med resort IDIOT ABROAD Brit sparks airport chaos as he announces SIX-HOUR delay in ‘selfish’ prank “My dream body modification is horn implants and making my ears pointy, as well as getting a hook, but let’s see. “I get a lot of positive and negative reactions, as our culture is different for most girls. “Society loves a girl with decent clothes, who can become a nice housewife but I don’t like these people who judge. “They think tattoos, modifications and piercings are done by people who take drugs and they don’t understand it’s an addiction getting inked to the pain. “If they hate or like what I do, I still will do what I want to my body and I won’t regret any of this.” Anu regularly shares her work and modifications on TikTok, with one clip racking up 45,000 views and over one thousand likes. In the clip, she shows off her split tongue, before zooming into her eyes – one of which is entirely black. Anu added: “I hope people will understand that I’m independent and have so many responsibilities. READ MORE ON THE SUN SELFISH My house is plagued by influencers taking SELFIES - it's costing me thousands NAILED IT You’ve been painting your nails wrong – a hair clip stops polish getting messy “I love myself and I won’t let them hurt my feelings. “I’m proud of who I am.” Jam Press/@emopunk8She says she is addicted to the pain[/caption]


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.thesun.co.uk