Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Saturday, June 18, 2022

Peter Andre: ‘Girls at my concerts scream, “My nan loves you”’

The singer, 49, talks about suffering racism as a kid, his nervous breakdown in his 20s, selling out Wembley Arena and how starting a family changed everything for him GROWING UP IN Surfers Paradise was bittersweet. I was born in England, then moved to Australia when I was six. The Gold Coast was paradise. It was also tough – we were the only ethnic family there [Andre is of Greek Cypriot descent], so we were outcasts. I got beaten, because I stood out like a sore thumb. I had curly hair, a big nose and an English accent. AUSTRALIA’S A VERY DIFFERENT place today and I love it with all my heart. It’s multicultural. I think people do change. It’s the ones who don’t that I have a problem with. Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com