Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Saturday, May 7, 2022

From fishy parcels to pineapple sorbet: Yotam Ottolenghi’s recipes for cooking with herbs

Sea bream wrapped in paper and baked with fenugreek butter, leafy salad in a rich, herby dressing, and pineapple sorbet with candied fennel seeds It’s not a plot-spoiler to say that I love herbs. Great big bunches of them make me happy and hungry, and I can’t imagine cooking without them. I love them fresh, as a pretty, tasty, final touch, I love them cooked and wilted in both sweet and savoury preparations, and I love them blitzed in dressings and smooshed into butter. In fact, I even slightly dream of writing a book about herbs, but then I remember that Mark Diacono and Caz Hildebrand have both already beaten me to it, with Herb: A Cook’s Companion and Herbarium, respectively. The use of herbs from plot to plate is a gift we all have within our reach. UK readers: click to buy these ingredients from Ocado UK readers: click to buy these ingredients from Ocado Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com