Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Monday, June 21, 2021

Thomasina Miers’ recipe for kritharaki, broad beans and tomato with baked feta

A fragrant Greek salad of small, orzo-like pasta, baked feta and tomatoes, all liberally laced with fresh herbs My local deli sells lovely, organic products from Greece, including _kritharaki_ (a type of orzo) and a wild oregano that is woody, floral and intensely evocative of holidays in that sunshine and piercing, blue sea. It was there that I once had a barrel-aged feta so soft and creamy that I was barely able to contain myself. I had no idea feta could be such a silky, delicate-tasting collection of soft curds. Here, I bake it to try to emulate that texture, and it works beautifully in this sun-soaked salad. Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com