Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Monday, March 22, 2021

Waiting for a Star to Fall: Boy Meets Girl on how they made a pop classic

‘We were at a Whitney Houston concert in LA. I glanced up and saw a shooting star. It felt like a sign from the heavens’ We’d written How Will I Know and I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) for Whitney Houston, so were given tickets when she played the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles on her first tour in 1986. After she sang How Will I Know, I glanced up and there was a shooting star in the night sky above the amphitheatre. I pulled out my notebook and wrote down: “Waiting for a star to fall.” It felt like a sign from the heavens. Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com