Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Thursday, February 4, 2021

10 songs that bring back memories of my travels: Jo Frost's playlist

Music enjoyed in Dublin bars and at festivals from Norway to India resonate for the editor of world music magazine Songlines Some of my fondest childhood memories are of family holidays to Greece. These days Zorba’s Dance is undeniably a bit of a cliche, but when I hear that slow bouzouki intro, I’m reminded of my dad, who would put this LP on after drunken dinners and start dancing the _sirtaki_. I watched Zorba the Greek for the first time during lockdown last year when I came across it in my dad’s DVD collection. I was surprised by how much it affected me, making me pine for Greece – and for my dad, who I realise looked remarkably like Zorba (played by Anthony Quinn). Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com