Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Monday, November 23, 2020

Tree of the week: ‘This juniper reminded me that magic is everywhere’

This Phoenician juniper in Rafina, east of Athens, helped the photographer Lena Konstantakou find inspiration when she returned home after 11 years in the UK As an artist and photographer, Lena Konstantakou has always taken inspiration from ordinary things. “I love trees and the sea, so I’m lucky to live in Rafina,” she says. The beautiful port town is 16 miles (25km) east of Athens. Konstantakou, who was raised in the capital, lived and worked in London for 11 years before moving back to Greece a decade ago. She remembers feeling profoundly uninspired on her return. “I was feeling lost and nostalgic for the big city, so I started photographing the surrounding woods in order to ground myself in my new environment.” Tell us about your favourite tree by filling in this form. Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com