Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Friday, November 20, 2020

‘Jake the dog helped me feel normal again’: readers on the pandemic’s acts of kindness

A visit from a nosy labrador and the ‘fence fairies’ that appeared in one garden are just two small moments of thoughtfulness that helped readers get through their darker days My husband and I have had a difficult two years trying to have a baby. The spring lockdown put our IVF treatment on hold, and when clinics reopened we had a gruelling few months of treatment, sadly with no success. We really needed a holiday, but had to cancel our plans for Greece as we were worried about quarantining and whether we could afford it. Two of my closest friends decided that, if I couldn’t go on holiday, they would bring the holiday to me. They organised a wonderful dinner at “Santorini-on-Thames” (my friend’s flat) and cooked glorious Greek food at the “Thames taverna”, which was decorated with fairy lights and a specially made sign. It was such a special evening – they really cheered me up and I’m so grateful to them. _Alex__, marketing director, London_ Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com