Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Thursday, May 7, 2020

I made millions out of the last debt crisis. Now the wealthy stand to win again

We urgently need a fairer tax system so that rich people like me help solve the fallout from coronavirus, not just profit from it • Gary Stevenson is an economist and former interest rate trader * Coronavirus – latest updates * See all our coronavirus coverage I made my first million the year Greece went under. I was 24 years old at the time. I’d attended a presentation given by one of Citibank’s senior economists, in which he explained that government debts of the world’s major economies had grown to dangerous levels, and were continuing to grow. He warned that markets could stop lending to some of these governments, forcing a devastating round of austerity on to already battered economies. Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com