Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Monday, October 7, 2019

Thomasina Miers’ recipe for fig, blue cheese and walnut salad

Make the most of autumn’s harvest with a seasonal salad of sticky and sweet, salty and creamy flavours While we are still, just about, in Europe, I will try to make the most of its delicious ingredients, even if I can’t bring myself to believe the doomsday predictions of frozen imports. Figs seem to crop long into October in Greece and Spain, and I love them roasted in autumnal salads such as this one. As for beyond the end of October, I mean to plant my own fig tree in the back garden as soon as I possibly can, so that I can enjoy this most luscious of fruits, with or without our imminent divorce. Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com