Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Margaret Atwood: ‘People bond to the books. Nobody wants my shoelaces’

The writer, 75, on scary parties, dystopian fiction and being short PEOPLE SEE MY HEAD ON A BOOK AND ATTACH A TALL BODY TO IT. The image of somebody that you have accorded status to in your mind is a large one; the Greeks always made the gods quite tall. I’m short. Shorter than you think. I THREW AMAZINGLY SCARY PARTIES FOR MY LITTLE SISTER. She was born on 30 October and her birthdays were a hot item. I’d paint my face green, turn out the lights, make everyone get under the tablecloth and tell ghost stories with a flashlight under my chin. They were scared out of their trees. Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com