Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Friday, December 5, 2014

Why daring to be different can be good for business

Non-conformists, mavericks, pioneers – whatever you call them, some succeed by doing things their way, says Mark WilliamsGoths don’t usually run their own accountancy firms, but London-based Psyche Coderre is an exception. “I set up Death and Taxes to challenge the ‘boring accountant’ stereotype and help small businesses,” she says. “My clients include mainstream businesses and others, such as comedians, a burlesque dancer, a punk band, etc. Most have come via recommendations and they don’t have a problem with my name or appearance.”Born in 1971 in Boston, US, at the age of 16 she chose to rename herself Psyche “to reflect my growing interest in alternative music and subculture” (it comes from the ancient Greek myth of a mortal who fell in love with the god Eros). “I loved The Cult, Sisters of Mercy, The Cure and The Psychedelic Furs. The Goth image just appealed to me,” she recalls. Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com