Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Friday, May 24, 2019

Tayari Jones: ‘I can divide my life into before and after Morrison’s Beloved’

The novelist on a 1940s bestseller that deserves wider attention and how the ancient Greeks have inspired her work THE BOOK I AM CURRENTLY READING _Brother_ by David Chariandy. I am only halfway through and I am stunned by the strength and beauty of his words. THE BOOK THAT CHANGED MY LIFE I could divide my life into before and after _Beloved_ by Toni Morrison. I was about 19 when I read it. I hate to use such a chilly word to describe an experience that was spiritual, emotional and intellectual, but _Beloved_ made me feel contextualised. That is the only way I can explain it. Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com