Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The rhetoric around obesity is toxic. So I created a new language for fat people

I like to call myself and be called fat. I think fat is a political subject, and as such it feels powerful to reclaim words that are frequently used pejoratively There are lots of words used to describe people such as me. Medics and their allies will use some Latin or Greek to make their language appear authoritative and scientific. According to them I am obese, or someone requiring bariatric intervention. By extension, in newspapers I am part of an anonymous population blob known as “the obese”. Related: Fat people, rise up! We could swing this election | Lindy West Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com