Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Greek Alt. Administrative Reform Minister: Reforms for the People and Not for Lenders

“We will turn the reforms plan upside down ” said Greek Alternate Minister for Administrative Reform George Katrougalos speaking to ANA-MPA Web TV. “We are doing the reforms for the people and for the State and not for our lenders” he added. “The plan of our reform is to upgrade the quality of the services to the citizens, to organize the administration in such a way that nobody will feel they are being threatened nor feel that the evaluation will have a punishing characteristic” clarified Katrougalos. On the evaluation of civil servants, the minister said that “their union (ADEDY) has a different opinion and I invited them to tell them, that for me they are my natural partners and that I will not administrate without their cooperation but in the end I will be the one that will legislate. So, I asked them to tell me their opinion and views on the evaluation. If they insist and do not bring me a proposal on the evaluation, then I will make a system with the characteristics I have told you, without having any intention to punish them because I really consider them my partners.” Katrougalos noted that hirings are necessary in basic social services as in Health, Education and Welfare “We do not yet know how they will be allocated. We will not increase the minister’s budget; if necessary I may use a small part from the already calculated expense for the hiring of 15,000 civil servants planned by the former government. An injection of fresh blood to the Administration will be good because the state shrank by 1/3 in the last period. It did not shrink because there were layoffs but because many disappointed civil servants left voluntarily with early pensions. Finally, the Greek minister said that he will keep the task force in his ministry but explained “As consultant and not as boss. That’s the main difference. We are the masters of the reforms and whoever wants to assist us as a servant of our own plan and not the other way round.” (source: ana-mpa)


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT greece.greekreporter.com