Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Prime Minister? s speech at Peterson Institute for International Economics

I would like very warmly to thank Peterson Institute for the invitation to be here tonight and I am greatly honored by your presence sir, Mr. ?Petros Petropoulos?, really honored. You have given all of us a lot to talk about. I met you when I was Foreign Minister back in 1990 and I ?ve heard so much about you from different people, both in Greece and in the US and they all love you very much for what you are. This is a really unique platform for challenging brainstorming and intellectual exchanges but I have to say that I am also honored to address this prestigious audience for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Annual Lecture and let me share with you my deepest respect for the Niarchos Foundation contribution to the Greek society those trying moments and immense hardship. It is a living example of our best tradition of national benefactors. And let me also briefly express my personal feelings of appreciation and friendship to Andreas Drakopoulos for the leadership he provides to the Foundation activities.

READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.thenationalherald.com