Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Saturday, September 21, 2013

KOUZINA: Foil Fish Over Orzo

Maybe this makes me a dork, but I think foil packet cooking is so fun. I always get a kick out of throwing a few ingredients together, folding it all up in foil, and then opening up the packets to find a fabulous meal. (This may be somehow related to the fact that I had over 800 origami cranes hanging from my bedroom ceiling growing up ? I just like folding things, I guess!) Aside from the fun of folding up the packets, the other plus of foil packet meals is their simplicity. They require minimal effort but with the right combination of flavors, they can still be totally worthy of serving to company. I decided to use a Greek flavor profile for this meal, tossing the orzo with spinach, red onion, olives, tomatoes, and topping with a bit of feta. A simple compound butter including dill, lemon zest, garlic, and red pepper flakes is spread over the fish before cooking and really takes the dish to another level.You can use any type of white fish that you prefer. My favorite is halibut, but cod is a good less expensive option. The packets can be baked in the oven or cooked on the grill, perfect for those hot evenings when you don?t feel like turning on the oven. Enjoy!

READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.thenationalherald.com