Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Statement by Minister of Foreign Affairs Nikos Dendias following the briefing of the parliamentary parties’ representatives (Athens, 11.05.2021)

"In the context of regular contacts with the representatives of the Parliamentary Parties, in line with the instructions of the Prime Minister Mr. Kyriakos Mitsotakis, I had today a series of meetings with all the parties. I first underlined the importance of the meetings I had in Ankara. As is well known, Greece pursues de-escalation and peaceful coexistence with Turkey. But honesty and avoiding provocations are necessary elements in this effort. And of course, showing respect for International Law and the Law of the Sea, which is part of International Law. I also pointed out that there is an invitation to my Turkish counterpart to visit in his turn Athens following my own visit to Ankara. I then referred to the results of the Informal Five-Party Meeting on the Cyprus issue in Geneva, which, unfortunately, came to a standstill due to Turkish-Cypriot and Turkish intransigence. I stressed once again that any effort to resolve the Cyprus issue must be carried out within the framework of International Law and the United Nations Security Council Resolutions. And that Greece will continue to work within this framework, in close cooperation with the Cypriot government, with President Nikos Anastasiadis and my counterpart Nikos Christodoulides, to reach a solution to the Cyprus issue."


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.mfa.gr