Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Saturday, May 1, 2021

Minister of Foreign Affairs Nikos Dendias’ statement following his visit to the Presidential Guard (Athens, 26 April 2021)

“It was an extremely joyful and proud moment for me to be received by the Commander and taken on a tour of the Presidential Guard facilities. I also saw the vast ceremonial uniform tradition of the Presidential Guard, which holds a national tradition that is the progress of Hellenism through the centuries. I should say that this has long been a desire of mine, because when I joined the Greek Army, I was initially chosen, due to my height, for the Presidential Guard. But because I could not do without my glasses, I became a Reserve Officer and not an Evzone. So this moment brought back personal memories for me. REPORTER: A few words about tomorrow? N. DENDIAS: Tomorrow is a difficult day. We are aiming for the best, but we’ll see what happens. But we are always aiming for the best. Thank you very much”.


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.mfa.gr