Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Friday, December 27, 2019

After opening my first airline credit card a year and a half ago, I can't imagine using my debit card ever again

[greece]Liz Knueven/ Business Insider * I'd never been a heavy credit card user, and mainly used debit cards or cash on most of my everyday purchases.  * After I got my first airline credit card, the United Explorer Card from Chase, I can't see the value in using my debit card, or even my cash-back cards, anymore.  * After opening my card, I got to take a whole international vacation's worth of flights for next to nothing. I was hooked on the idea that I could fulfill my love of travel without paying for the biggest expense: flights.  * See Business Insider's list of the best rewards credit cards » I used a debit card for way too long.  I used my Chase debit card all through college, and didn't get my first credit card, a cash-back card, until well after starting my first job. Truthfully, I didn't even use that credit card all that much — it was reserved for gas stations, online purchases, buying airline tickets, or making hotel reservations, those instances where debit isn't ideal. Outside of those things, most of my purchases went on my debit card. SEE THE REST OF THE STORY AT BUSINESS INSIDERNOW WATCH: Here's how to escape a flooding vehicle SEE ALSO: * I never understood how air travel could feel luxurious, but my airline credit card fixes 3 of my biggest pain points about flying * If you need a last-minute present, don't forget about the gift-able benefits of rewards cards like the Amex Platinum * People are always shocked to hear I don't have a debit card, but I think it's a no-brainer for 6 reasons


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.businessinsider.com