Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Friday, December 20, 2019

Adam Kay: ‘The Lord of the Rings is a load of indecipherable nonsense'

The This is Going to Hurt author and former doctor on Adrian Mole, Stephen Hawking and Spot the Dog THE BOOK I AM CURRENTLY READING Music journalist Pete Paphides’s unflinching and heartwarming memoir _Broken Greek_. It’s out next year and tells of his early life, living above a chip shop in Birmingham and playing pinball, finding cultural identity not in his Greek heritage, but through pop music. THE BOOK THAT CHANGED MY LIFE When I read Alan Bennett’s _The Lady in the Van_, I realised books weren’t just something you were forced to read at school, they could actually be enjoyed, adored even. I didn’t ever think I could match his mastery, but it certainly inspired me to try my best. Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com