Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Thursday, October 10, 2019

George Clooney with a plaster on his nose: Jeff Bridges’ best photograph

‘This is George Clooney on the set of The Men Who Stare at Goats. I’m playing with the idea of comedy and tragedy – the masks of ancient Greek theatre’ As an actor, and coming from a family in entertainment, I’ve spent pretty much my whole life on set. But what a lot of people don’t realise is just how much downtime you have between scenes. Photographing those moments became a way of documenting my life and the lives of people around me, like a personal archive. Ten years ago, I had just finished filming Crazy Heart when I got a call from George Clooney pitching me his new film, The Men Who Stare at Goats. I was exhausted, but it was such a crazy idea I was immediately interested. When I started to explore it in a little more depth, I knew I had to do it, and off we went into this crazy thing together. Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com