Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Thursday, July 4, 2019

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Terens Quick’s statement on the launching of the Greece-Australia “Work and Holiday Visa” youth mobility programme

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Terens Quick made the following statement on the launching of the Greece-Australia “Work and Holiday Visa” youth mobility programme:“As of 1 July 2019, the Greek-Australian youth mobility programme is in effect. The “Work and Holiday Visa” programme will be used by 500 young people from both countries every year. It gives them the unique opportunity, for a whole year, to live new experiences in Greece and Australia, respectively. Combining holidays with work.This was one of the first initiatives I launched when I became deputy minister. I promised it on my first visit to the Greek community in Australia, and in my talks with the Australian government in Canberra.A few days ago in Sydney, on the margins of the enthronement of Archbishop Makarios, I met with the migration policy minister, David Coleman, with whom I discussed the final details, ascertaining that, having cut through a lot of red tape, the programme was ready for its official launch.The relevant details are already available on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. There is a banner for the programme, with the two countries’ flags on it. This banner is also linked with the corresponding banner on the Australian Foreign Ministry’s website.I wish the young Greek people who seize this opportunity every success, and I welcome the young Australians to Greece!”


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.mfa.gr