Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Saturday, November 10, 2018

I don't claim to know what it's like to live as a refugee, but in Moria I would lose my sanity

In this camp I saw people who are accountants, farmers, musicians, sons, daughters. Just like you and me To survive, humans need perhaps just five essentials; food, shelter, air, water … and hope. I was recently involved in the filming of a TV show that took us to the infamous refugee camp of Moria on the island of Lesbos in Greece. And it was there, among the suffocating overcrowding, the sodden ground, the piles of rubbish, the flimsy tents, the lack of sanitation, the weak and the ill that I saw what hopelessness looks like. Related: 'We have found hell': drawings reveal children's trauma at Lesbos camp | Lorenzo Tondo Related: Let the children play: the man who built a playground on Lesbos Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com