Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Sunday, July 8, 2018

A quick note to say… thank you to my grandfather, for his love of history

Student Inguild Zaar Henriksen says she devoured history books her grandfather gave her as a child, sparking an interest that has hugely enriched her life I was only eight years old when my grandfather gave me a set of books about history. They covered lots of different moments in ancient times. I remember one was all about Egypt, another concentrated on Greece, another focused on the Incas and the final one was all about America. I devoured them. I was totally captivated by the stories of people who had lived so long ago, and whose lives were in many ways so different from ours and in other ways exactly the same. Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com