Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Yanis Varoufakis: ‘I was missing my daughter so badly’

He was Greece’s finance minister during part of the debt crisis. A more intimate crisis inspired him to write a book explaining economics to his teenage daughter Yanis Varoufakis is telling me about the birth of his daughter, Xenia. “What I felt was an immense weight of responsibility,” he says. “Absolutely blind love and the sense of focusing on one individual.” But the experience didn’t make him feel like a different person. “It didn’t change my internal constitution or the way I looked at the world.” Related: Yanis Varoufakis: ‘I would like to live in a world where we’re all privileged’ Related: Do real men change nappies? I try not to be negative in the book. I try to tell her what is fascinating and what is wrong Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com