Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Arianna Huffington: ‘The work culture in Silicon Valley needs to change’

The media entrepreneur, 66, on turning an idea into a global news company, sexism in Silicon Valley and being in love MY MOTHER MADE US FEEL LIKE WE COULD DO ANYTHING. My sister and I lived with her in a one-bedroom apartment in Greece after my parents separated. When I saw a picture of Cambridge University in a magazine and said I wanted to go, she never said: “Well, you have no money and you don’t speak English.” Instead it was: “Let’s see how we can make that happen.” THE HUFFINGTON POST IS STILL LIKE A THIRD CHILD TO ME. Taking what was an idea and turning it into a global media company is something I treasure. It was incredibly disruptive in its time and it really put the focus on covering everything beyond just left and right. Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com