Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Monday, December 26, 2016

George Michael dies peacefully at his home aged 53 – live reaction

Wham! star and solo artist famous for hits including Last Christmas, Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go and Careless Whisper sold more than 100m albums • Full report: George Michael, pop superstar, dies at 53 • Obituary: Britain’s biggest pop star of the 80s • George Michael – a life in pictures • Share your tributes and memories • His songs were more than simple tales of lust and longing 6.21am GMT Thanks to Mel for her efforts and thanks to you for reading. There are still a huge amount of tributes being paid to George Michael on social media. Here are two typical of hundreds: The world & mine has lost our George Michael, the most beautiful songwriter & "singing Greek" who gave us his honesty and valued his fans. Elton John, George Michael & Paul Young - Every Time You Go Away - 1986 ... https://t.co/mG5YBDhLke I thought I had fallen in love with a woman a couple of times. Then I fell in love with a man, and realised that none of those things had been love. I had my very first relationship at 27 because I really had not actually come to terms with my sexuality until I was 24. I lost my partner to HIV then it took about three years to grieve; then after that I lost my mother. I felt almost like I was cursed. 5.33am GMT Thanks for sharing your tributes and memories to GEORGE MICHAEL. To recap: God didn't give it, you did my old friend. Cleft with grief. A xx https://t.co/yPzbB3rDGE Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com