Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Tim Dowling: I spend the morning waiting for Trump to wake up and say stupid things

‘I have to ration the number of new Trump anecdotes I pass on to my wife’ Several days into my Greek holiday, I am beginning to feel eerily relaxed. This is partly because our children aren’t with us – I can’t get used to the fact that when a restaurant lunch comes to €20 a head, I owe only €40 – but also because they aren’t at home, either: two of them are on their own separate travels abroad, so the house is comparatively safe. This state of affairs leaves me with a lot of spare psychic space. When I am not swimming or reading or eating, I occupy myself by hating Donald Trump. It’s not just a holiday thing – I’ve been hating Donald Trump for years – but in my present untroubled state, it has become an obsession. I check my phone repeatedly to see if Donald Trump has said anything stupid, or untrue – or stupid and untrue – in the last half-hour. If he hasn’t, I feel crushed. But usually he has. Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com