Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Tour de France: stage 18 time trial – live!

* Updates from the uphill individual time trial to Megève * Froome tightens grip on Tour as Zakarin wins stage 17 * Email barry.glendenning@theguardian.com or tweet @bglendenning 3.32pm BST Vincenzo Nibali has been fifth fastest of the day and told one TV interviewer that he was happy with his afternoon’s worth. “I’ve tried to do the best time trial possible,” he said. “I’m happy with my ride and how I’m helping Fabio [Aru] in this Tour. The Giro d’Italia has taken a lot of energy out of me. Having good days and bad at the Tour after the Giro is just normal. It’s not easy to ride two Grand Tours in a row. For now I’m focused on making it to Paris and then I’ll think of the Olympic Games. It’s an important goal because it might my last chance for getting a result.” 3.30pm BST IAN BRITTON WRITES: “Didn’t Oleg Tinkoff say he was wasting his money as no one in his markets watches the tour?” he asks. “A vanity project, but cheaper than football. There was also team Argos - a European oil/gas thing - not the laminated shop of dreams or a multi-eyed Greek God but I guess for UK fans a different connotation.” Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com