Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Tim Dowling: lost in Greece

‘It’s been an hour since we left the taverna. My veneer of calm is wearing thin. Thorns work their way between my flip-flops and my feet’I have never been to Greece before, and I’ve seen very little of it beyond what I glimpsed during our unhappy four-hour drive from the airport.Now I’m here I don’t really have to drive anywhere. There’s a taverna within walking distance: down the path to the beach, along the shore, up another path into the hills and down the road into the village – 15 minutes, I’m told. That’s where we’re having lunch today and, if I get my way, every day. In principle I’ve got nothing against exploration, but I have difficulty savouring the unknown. Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com