Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Sunday, March 15, 2015

League Of Kitchens Teaches International Home Cooking

Source: newyork.cbslocal.com - Sunday, March 15, 2015 http://media.newyork.cbslocal.com/CBSNY_20150315111120050AA.mp4 NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – From a dream to a reality, one woman has cooked up an international idea with local results that will have any foodie salivating. “The League of Kitchens is an immersive culinary adventure where people go into the homes of immigrants, who are amazing home cooks, and they do intimate cooking workshops with the instructor,” Lisa Gross, founder of The League of Kitchens, told CBS2’s Diane Macedo. Gross explained that she had the idea to start The League of Kitchens after she missed the opportunity to learn family recipes from her Korean grandmother. She “would always shoo me out of the kitchen and really would say: ‘Go study. Studying is more important,'” Gross said. “So I never learned to cook Korean food from her, and then when I got older and fell in love with cooking and wanted to cook Korean food, she had passed away. “And I tried to teach myself from cookbooks, from the Internet, but just nothing tasted like when she made it. So I had this wish and I thought, ‘Well, if not with her, I wish there was another Korean grandmother I could learn to cook with.'” The League of Kitchens has eight instructors from Trinidad, Argentina, Korea, Greece, Lebanon, India, Bangladesh and Afghanistan. The 5 1/2-hour workshops are for four to six people and conclude with a celebratory dinner. To watch the full interview, click on the video above. For more infoAll Related


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT newyork.cbslocal.com