Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Victoria Hislop: Greece Ιnspires me

“I have no inspiration in England. In Greece I get inspired because there are stories and people I love, it is never quiet, there is always action,” Victoria Hislop, author of the bestselling “The Island,” told ANA-MPA on the sidelines of Athens’s six-day Art Links exhibition. The British writer, who currently lives in Athens, said that “people living in London are every day afraid. I am not afraid in Patissia where I live.” When asked about the potential return of the Parthenon Marbles, Hislop noted that “the matter is complicated and not easy at all. When I visit the British Museum and see the marbles and thousands of people admiring them and afterwards I visit the Acropolis Museum in Athens and see only a few visitors, I think that, in the British Museum, the marbles may work as a promotion for Greece and a reason to visit the country. From an emotional point of view, I believe they should return home, but every time I discuss this issue with the director of the British Museum, he expresses his concern over the other exhibits of the Museum in case other countries follow Greece’s example.”


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT greece.greekreporter.com