Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Clare Balding: I know what its like to be an outcast

The presenter and former jockey, 43, on her favourite walks, why shed like to have lived in Ancient Greece and why she hates selfiesMy favourite walk is the one I take every morning with Alice [Arnold, Baldings partner] and our Tibetan terrier Archie. I like to see the river every day so if were in London well walk down to the Thames. But the walk Id recommend to people to do as a family would be from Inner Hope in Devon to Salcombe: six and a half miles of fantastic scenery.My father said we had to fall off our horse 100 times before wed be proper jockeys. So wed fall off on purpose. You then become less fearful of it and fall off less as a result. I think the same is true of failure. Continue reading...


READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com