Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Yotam Ottolenghi's A to Z of summer veg, with recipes to match

Eat your Ps and Qs: an A-Z of seasonal treats to make summer truly scrumptious

There's an allotment at the end of my street in north London. It's not a real allotment, but it does bring together the community, and offers a choice of fruit and vegetables that would be otherwise unavailable in this urban environment. The opening of Parkway Greens, my local greengrocer, earlier this year is one of the best things that's happened to me since I moved to London 20 years ago. Being able to walk to the end of my street each morning and return with a bag spilling over with fruit and vegetables for the day ahead reminds me of how we used to shop back at home in Jerusalem.

I write this A-Z on Parkway Greens alone: Asian mooli, British pink tomatoes, Colombian tamarillos, Dutch portobello mushrooms, English marrow, French wet garlic, Greek olive oil this little shop is as good as it gets. I'd like to dedicate this celebration of ideas for summer cooking to all greengrocers: you make your customers happy to shop, inspired to cook and delighted to eat.

Continue reading...

READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.theguardian.com