Pages

Welcome, 77 artists, 40 different points of Attica welcomes you by singing Erotokritos an epic romance written at 1713 by Vitsentzos Kornaros

Thursday, November 14, 2013

G-Bo's Hard Road From Greece To The NBA

When Giannis Antetokounmpo was drafted to the NBA last year, no one knew quite what to expect. Before the draft, scouts had flocked to Greece to see the 18-year-old, born to Nigerian immigrant parents and taken under the wing of a Greek basketball coach. But it was still a big surprise when the Milwaukee Bucks drafted him with the 15th overall pick. Even Giannis wasn?t expecting it. ?No. No. No,? he told AOL on draft night. ?Let me tell you the truth: No. I did not think I would be in the NBA, it was just a dream. How could I think this would happen? And happen now? But I am here now. So I am happy.? Giannis?s name (pronounced ?YAHN-iss ahn-teh-toe-KUHN-poe?) is on the map now. But in a relatively small way. In the first four games he played, he averaged just two rebounds and 4.8 points. But Giannis? life has changed a lot since the Bucks drafted him.

READ THE ORIGINAL POST AT www.thenationalherald.com